Dear reader,
Have you ever received a bouquet? Or a flower?
Maybe from your lover. Or a friend. Or perhaps from some kind soul. Or, I don’t know, a TikToker for a video?
Because I have never received one.
Yep. Not even a single flower. Forget a bouquet.
You may find it hilarious that I feel bad about never getting a bouquet. Yes, I feel sad thinking about it. Maybe even a little jealous when I see those romantic reels and cute relationships where someone casually shows up with flowers because “I saw these and thought of you.”
And please, don’t tell me to preach what Miley Cyrus said: “I can buy myself flowers.”
I can.
But I don’t want to.
I mean, look—I can buy myself flowers. I have money. I have hands. I know where the flower shops are. I am perfectly capable of walking into one and saying, “One bouquet, please.”
And it’s not because I’m a stingy one.
(Well… that’s questionable. Anyway.)
It’s because… don’t you see how intimate it is when a person sees a flower and thinks of you?
Not, “Oh, flowers are pretty. I’ll buy some.”
But—
“She would like these.”
“These are her colour.”
“I don’t know why, but these reminded me of her.”
And then they actually buy them.
They carry them all the way to you.
Maybe in an auto, accompanied by the muffled tunes of an old ghazal.
Or on public transport, where office uncles are desperately trying not to fall asleep while balancing their lunch boxes in one hand.
Or on the backseat of their bike, the flowers gently swaying as they move through the city like a lazy dream.
They stand in front of you, perhaps looking a little embarrassed, and hand you something that was once just a flower sitting among hundreds of other flowers—but somehow became yours because they thought of you.
That is what I want.
Not the bouquet.
The thought behind it.
I don’t want to give myself flowers because, honestly, I already know I exist.
I want someone else to look at something beautiful and, for a tiny little moment, have me cross their mind.
Is that really too much to ask?
Apparently, for me, it is.
Because, dear reader…
I have never received even a single flower.
And yes.
I’m still waiting. 🌷
So, next time you find a sleep-deprived woman aggressively scrolling past cute Instagram videos, maybe that’s me.
Trust me, I’m not jealous.
I’m just…
waiting in the queue.
Comments
Post a Comment